CHPC ANNOUNCEMENT: Downtime, October 12, 2021 starting at 8:00am
Date Posted: September 23rd, 2021
During this downtime the work being done will include:
- The move of a CHPC core services network to behind the CHPC firewall. This network includes systems that provide internal core CHPC services required by CHPC user facing resources. This change is being made to improve our security position.
- Additions and changes to Protected Environment (PE) network to add additional points of redundancy.
- Miscellaneous cluster maintenance items, including updating and changing the authentication to the campus CAS system for the general environment ondemand instance.
- Due to the nature of the network change mentioned in point 1 above, there will be NO access to ANY CHPC supported systems or services for most of the morning. This includes access to desktops on networsk administered by CHPC, CHPC file systems, the HPC clusters, any CHPC virtual machines, including web sites hosted by CHPC.
- All resources in the PE will be unavailable for most or all of the day.
Reservations are in place on all clusters (redwood, notchpeak, kingspeak, lonepeak and ash) such that the batch queue will be empty by 7:30am on Oct 12, 2021. Please keep this in mind as you choose the wall time of your job as we approach the start of the downtime. If the wall time chosen will not allow for the job to be completed before the start of the downtime, the job will wait in the batch queue until after the downtime has been completed.
Access will be restored in stages, as the work is completed, with access being restored to CHPC supported desktops and general environment resources sometime in the morning, and access to the PE systems later in the day. As access is restored, we will send out email notifications.